Come One Come all...
This Friday at Gatehouse games we will be taking sign-ups for the March Madness League. This will be a double-elimination league. The point value for the games will be 1200 points using the standard force organization chart.
A double-elimination league is a type of elimination competition in which a participant ceases to be eligible to win the tournament's championship upon having lost two games or matches.
A double-elimination tournament is broken into two sets of brackets, the Winners Bracket and Losers Bracket (W and L Brackets for short; also sometimes Upper Bracket and Lower Bracket, respectively). After the first round, the winners proceed into the W Bracket and the losers proceed into the L Bracket. The W Bracket is conducted in the same manner as a single-elimination tournament, except of course that the losers of each round "drop down" into the L Bracket.
|you get the idea....|
Friday Night @ Gatehouse Games will be the League night until a Champion is found. A few rules:
- 3 colors and based/flock
- The League buy-in will be 10$ to be given to the store owner at sign-up.
- First round will be randomly seeded
- Scenarios will be provided every Friday till completion.
- First match on March 18th.
- Games will consist of 1200 point army's.
- You may change your army list from round to round.
- You may not switch armies from round to round.
- Prizes will be 70/30 split in store credit for 1st and 2nd.
- Consolation prizes for the bottom two.
- Judges from Club Snake Eyes will be on hand every Friday to help dispute rules.
We will go over the rules and a sign-up will be posted starting this Friday. Be there, or the kitten gets it....