As a new part of our blog, we have decided to start posting more commentary and thoughts as we are looking to drive more discussion on the blog. So you will see a lot of these articles start popping up in the near future. Many of you have commented you would like to see articles that you can comment on and we are looking to make this blog more of a community rather than a tournament announcement setting, though you will still see that occurring as well. Therefore, in starting the series of articles, I think the picture here just about says it all and we are going to talk about the Wasting husk that is the immortal emperor of mankind.
As everyone is aware, the emperor is essentially a lifeless body with some psychic awareness left. He has been this way for many years and during this time, living people have committed many atrocities in his name. But in order to understand this, we need to look at what we do know of the emperor.
- The emperor is an ego maniac. He pretends to be a god by abolishing all other religions. He then proceeds with creating genetic beings from scratch in the name of pursuing conquest of the galaxy though there are many other lifeforms present. Unless you kneel to the emperor, you are a heretic. Rather narrow view of the whole situation. What about the other Xenos out there. Can't we all just get along?
- He is supposedly the most powerful psychic that ever lived, yet could not foresee his own demise or the entire corruption of Horus and others? He is a strong psychic, but not strong enough to stand against the chaos gods and live or at least become rotting shell.
- Since his internment into the Golden Throne, many atrocities have been committed in his name all for the sake and betterment of mankind. Entire populations are subjugated and bent to imperial will. Those people are mandated to work their entire lives and not speak against the governing body and the "holy" emperor. If this occurs, his forces are unleashed upon the world in his name to reclaim the world and show the heretics the righteous cause. Mankind are slaves to the imperial warmachine and as such have no rights other than to be good and we might respond to your distress call for aid when someone attacks you though it will probably be way to late. However, don't worry, we will reclaim the planet and repopulate it later in the God-Emperors Name.
- How many parties have you heard of the Imperium having? Slaanesh has music, art, drugs and many other baseless perversions to offer. We won't tell your dad about it either.
- Your not going to die by following Nurgle. Yes you might smell a bit, pieces might fall off, but short of finding yourself on the wrong end of a gun, the Plaguefather will guide you through any diseases you might get.
- For those of you are are mad at the world, Khorne offers hope and a way to vent your rage. What better way to control your anger, hatred and thirst for blood by killing the imperial lapdogs in their structured societies.
- For all of those who know it all and like to engage in intellectual discussions while looking for magical artifacts we have Tzeentch. After all, whats better than grabbing a few minions of lesser intellect than yourself and using them to fight your battles for you while gallivanting around the Galaxy looking for mystical items. These guys are the true Knights of the Grail, dust for thousands of years and still going strong.
Heresy (Its good for the mind and body)